Saturday, February 29, 2020

House Journal #1 Cover Done

It always takes a while to get the first one done. I decided to put some beaded pins on them so I had to stop, go get some pins and get some beads and get busy. I do have the inside pages of this journal put together but not semi-decorated yet.





What I mean by semi-decorated or semi-finished is when pockets and tags and other embellishments are added to the pages. Not all the pages get this treatment because whoever gets the book will want to personalize it with their own pictures and stuff too. So I always try to leave plenty of room for that.






I did add some pins and crochet border along the roof lines on both books I'm working on. I also softened the green leaf trim with a whitewash. It was just too dark.






Still working on the cover for this one. To add the pins on both, I glued a piece of fabric scrap to the front and made sure it had plenty of room in the center that was unglued for the pin to fasten on.

Next I'll tell you how I did those pins. Lots of people can't figure them out. It's a little tricky to get those beads on the back side of the pin so you can use the front to stick the pin to something, but it's not hard to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment