Wednesday, February 12, 2020

It's All About the Bees

This is my first Bee themed journal book. I've been wanting to make one for a little while now. I started gathering materials together a few weeks ago. I don't really write in journals myself but I wanted to add more writing pages to these as an option.





They are approximately 5" x 7" and feature a hard cover, huge pop-up flower and hand made charms on the binding.






I got my papers from old books, online resources and printed some sheets from the Graphics Fairy.












I drew the petals of this flower and cut it out in layers to pop up. It's hand colored with pastels.










I love to use spray coffee and colored inks sprayed on the pages. I also used stencils on these pages with gold ink and other colors too.








I must have cut out a gazillion roses for this book. Glad I got my Cricut for that. Still, it takes time to load the paper and remove the cutouts from the mats. It would be so much easier if I just made my own paper prints from my roses but I never know where on the page I want to put them. So that's why I use cutouts.

The outside of the book is hard cover. I covered both sides with paper and then added embellishments to it. I reinforced the spine with gold duct tape. I love that stuff. And then added ribbon tassels with handmade polymer beads.




I will be making more of these books just as soon as I get all those roses cut out! LOL!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment