Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Second Bee Book

I made another bee book. The first one is always the prototype where I make all my decisions and work out the details. This cover is yellow with a gold lame ribbon.





I can pretty much identify all of them by the covers and inside first page. No two are exactly alike. The pages have been stained with coffee and sprayed with ink. I've also stenciled honeycombs in gold on the backgrounds and used splashes of ink throughout the book. A few of the pages are digital from Nik the booksmith at The Booksmith Shop, some are music sheets, some coloring book pages, some from a garden book and some plain and fancy scrapbooking papers too. Some other ephemera is from the public domain and The Graphics Fairy.








This book has a big purple flower. The beautiful roses throughout the book just give the bees a place to land. You can't have bees without a lot of flowers!















No comments:

Post a Comment