Saturday, February 22, 2020

House Shaped Journals

The start of a new journal has begun. I had to drag out my charms to embellish the tassel of this one. I have the cover done and the signatures sewn in so far.






I dyed the "eggs" on the front with a sharpie marker. They are half round pearl finished beads. The finish was so slick that I had time to disperse the marks before they dried. I have fancy alcohol inks I could have used but my markers were handy and they are alcohol based too.




It's hard to see but the little hummingbird was glued on at the very last minute. I hadn't planned it but it needed something. I did most of the sewing on the front piece before gluing it to the cover.





The most time consuming is always making and sewing the signatures in. Once that's done the rest is pretty much fun. I do like sewing pretty fabrics along the edge of the pages even though it takes me a few hours to get them done.





Last but not least is the ribbon tie. I like silk ribbon the best but I've used seam binding and this twill binding tape too. I haven't made one with torn fabric yet. I tea dyed this one before attaching it.

Looking forward to decorating the pages up but I'm already on to the next. It's another house shaped journal much like this one... but a little different. I like to make at least two of everything because I'm going to keep one of them.






No comments:

Post a Comment