Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Set of Butterfly Garden Journals Done

It took me about a week and a half to get the whole set done. I made four similar themed journals named "Butterfly Garden Journals". I made all my trials and mistakes on the first one which I'm going to keep. Here are some more pages of the suede journal.








They all have three signatures, hand sewing and machine stitching throughout. They are all fabric and lined, have natural polished hemp ties with beads. They also all have a few hand painted pages with garden scenes at the bottom of the pages that have pop out flowers. I've also included a few hand painted cards into each journal. I finished those pages after I took these pictures. The flip through of all the finished pages will eventually be on a YouTube link at the bottom of this page.





I did not realize the amount of work that goes into each of these. They are half decorated, meaning that the design is carried throughout the journal but many pages are accented but left blank for you to fill in with your own stuff like pictures, cards and writings. I have also included a half sheet of butterflies/moths that can be cut out and used in the journals.





There are many little pockets to stick things into. Some of the washi tape is removable so you can either swap it out or glue it in permanently if you choose. Sometimes the machine did skip a stitch but it's not meant to be perfect so that kind of thing just adds to the beauty of a handmade item.






The page backgrounds turned out so pretty. I have held on to a few large wall stamps that I've had for probably 10 to 15 years or longer. I kept moving them from one storage box to another, never having used them but I held onto them anyway because you never know. Well I finally got to use them on these pages.






The stamps are huge. There's a butterfly, a dragonfly and a big fern leaf. I'm glad I kept them because I've cleaned out my supplies several times over the years and given away a lot new and slightly used craft stuff. But I never could part with these for some reason. Now I finally have a use for them!




There's a quick flip through that shows all the pages: Sorry about the quality, I'm having issues with the lighting.








No comments:

Post a Comment