Monday, January 20, 2020

Adding Flowers to The Pages

Ugh... this is going so slow... every time I get a good idea or see something new I want to put in my book, it takes me a day or two to perfect it. I've got a real garden/floral theme going in these journals.





Like these pop-up flowers. I've seen quite a few of them in the past few days so I did some research and got some free tutorials to see what everyone else is doing and how they're doing it. And that leads to me making my own. Which takes forever to get the colors and sizes right - even after I design them in the Gimp. I haven't done a radial gradient for a while so it took some time to relearn how to do it.

Then I couldn't get the colors just right in the program so I had to drag out my old pan pastels that I used to make flowers with and then get the sizes just right for my smallish journals.

There's nothing I love more than opening a book and having a huge flower pop out at me but it just didn't look right in these journals so I had to downsize them by about a fourth to get what I wanted.






I do love them though. They look like primroses to me and more important, they go with the feel of the booklets. I made an editable graphic file in my favorite colored layers so I can just mix any two colors and adjust the transparency to get literally any color in dark and light that I want and just print them out in three different sizes. Markers for the details and pastels for the edges and boom! I got a unique little bunch of flowers on the page when you open it up.






I worked on them all day for 2 solid days and I think it was worth it but I'll never get these journals done if I stop that long for each little piece I want to put in them. I just love these little flowers. I think I'll put them in all my books if I have the time.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment