Saturday, January 25, 2020

Butterfly Garden Journals

A few of the finished pages in my set of journals. I am so proud of these so far but I've got a long ways to go before they are all finished. It takes so much time to hand paint flowers on some pages and cut out all those dang butterflies! I really need to take the time and digitize these cutouts and let my Cricut machine do all the cutting work on them to save my hands.






Not really going in chronological order here but this is the first signature page. Some of my papers are taken from old gardening books and I tried to use them to my advantage when I designed the signatures. I also took care to put a pop up flower in each signature. It's just something that I wanted. Every page including this one has been coffee dyed and sprayed with watercolor glimmer mists to give them a special effect.






This is another page in the first signature. I used washi tape throughout the book because I really love it. On many but not all of the pages I've ghost stamped butterfly wings and/or plant leaves on the backgrounds. On this right page I've sewn in a folded pocket made out of half a paper doily and backed with scrapbook paper.

I've used black and white butterflies (and moths) throughout the book for contrast because the pages are so rich and colorful. I like the clean bohemian shabby look but not too much vintage and antiqued stuff. I think too much antiquing just looks dirty. That's just a personal preference.

While I was working on some of the pages I just absolutely fell in love with them and they make me smile every time I open the book. Now that's what a journal is suppose to do!






No comments:

Post a Comment