Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Journal Making

I've been wanting to make some journals for a while but I just couldn't decide how I wanted to make them. I decided to start by gathering papers from old books, writing papers, music prints, printing out newsprints etc. on my computer and I even have some pretty papers and gift wrap I can use. So that's where I started. I put them in little signature stacks to be sewn into a cover.






And I went on YouTube to see what everybody else was doing so I could figure out how I want to do mine. I knew I wanted to use up my stash of scrapbooking papers since I have a massive collection of papers I love to use for projects. I also knew I wanted to do some sewing on my pages and use some of my massive collection of charms on them too. But I needed some fresh ideas.

I did run across some really good journal ideas out there and decided to do a soft cover. I have all kinds of fancy fabrics and faux leathers, fur, etc. I was going to make some doll clothes out of them but got on to other projects. Now I need to find a way to use them.

So I've been taking all the best ideas I can find and am starting to work next on the cover. That's the biggest decision for me. I love textured paper and I love faux leather. Hmmm... I'll have to decide soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment