Sunday, December 31, 2023

One Last Christmas Book and a Happy New Year!

 Couldn't help it. I had to do something with all these Santas so I decided to make just one more book even if it was after Christmas.




I just loved the shiny red foil paper I had and I love it combined with the satin red foil paper. So the front of my book has both and a little bling too. I decided to make a belly band for this one. I added a little sticker I had in my stash.




The pockets are just simple shapes. I picked a paper pack from GingerJournals on Etsy called Bohemian Christmas. 



The kit had all the colors I was looking for and they were vivid so I knew they would go perfectly with my collection of Santas and Santa postcards.




I am still cutting out this die set from Anna Griffin and using it in my journals because it is so pretty. It looks like lace to me. I use every piece of this set.





For the Santa shapes I just cut out foil card behind them in the same shape to make a shadow layer. These are hand cut. I don't have a die for the two shapes.




That red foil was so gorgeous I had to use it every chance I got.




This paper pack came with pockets and cards that match the papers so I tried to use them all.




I really love the ornament pattern in this set. I could have cut out some of them and made them dimensional if I needed more ideas to fill in my book.




I made six signatures with six papers in each set, then sprayed them lightly with two colors of ink. Sometimes my ink sprayer clogged and put blobs of ink on a page but I just went with it anyway. Not a perfectionist on these journals. I really don't think you can make a mistake you can't cover up or cut and replace.




I love these die cuts because you can use the pieces as frames and let the beautiful papers show through.




I have a collection of old postcards and I print them out a lot so I try to put a few in each Christmas book I make.




I got these Santas from the Met. You can go online to the NY Metropolitan Museum of Art and do a search for public domain images + Santas and find a whole lot of them there for free.



Well it's been a hell of a year. Hope the next one is better. I got my cabbage and my dime ready for tomorrow. Santa Claus is waving goodbye again until we see him again next year! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a Happy New Year ahead in 2024!!! <jingle~jingle~jingle~jingle sound as Santa flies away in his sled>





No comments:

Post a Comment