Thursday, December 21, 2023

It's Christmas Time!

 I actually made three Christmas journals this year. After nearly two years of knitting and crocheting, I immersed myself in my journal making most of this year. This is the latest finished one.




I started out with a turquoise/aqua with red accent color scheme and somehow pink worked its way in to it. But I really like the way it turned out.




You never know what ideas you get when you are working on these. I had some plastic metallic trim that I had not used yet so I wanted to use that.




So I cut it up into single pieces and used it for tree ornaments on the front.




I also made some more die cuts for backgrounds. I love this die cut. It's perfect for my journals. And I also used some leftover die cut pieces in places. Nothing this pretty goes to waste.




I don't always use pockets and tags in every journal but this one had many pre-printed pockets so I used all the tags and pockets for it.




I made six signatures to go in this one. I usually don't decorate the signature outside pages but I had so many tags and embellishments that I did use them all up.





I love this set of digital papers. It's from LianaScrap on etsy and it's called Winter Tales. The blues are subtle and the watercolors really give it a beautiful look.





I also like to add laces on the pages and I made a couple of pom pom paper clips for this one. 





I used a silver pearl foil paper with this. It really made the aqua pop. I wish I had more of it but I only have one or two sheets left.




I also used a lot of glitter glue on this one. I have a silver glitter glue that I love. It has transparent snow glitter mixed in with it that just makes it sparkle even more.




This journal turned out to be one of my favorites. 





No comments:

Post a Comment