Thursday, December 7, 2023

Blue Jay Winter Journal

 I actually finished this one back in late summer but it just didn't seem the right timing to show it so I waited until winter.




The graphics are from thegraphicsfairy.com. I started out making a tag with the instructions and then it just kind of grew into a junk journal.I think it's one of the original 3 or 4 that I did using the sewing machine.





I made the white sparkly paper out of wax paper, kleenex and thinned white glue like my grandmother used to make it.






With the first few journals I made with envelopes, I tried to use the windows and make things "peek" out of them incorporated into the design.






I put the pieces of the writing and print paper together and just printed them out all at once as a generic printed piece for most of the background pages.







I added six signatures to this one and splattered the blank pages with some blue shades of ink.







I added pictures of children playing in the snow.







Instead of cutting the pictures out and gluing them on it's a lot easier to position them on the background paper and print them out in one shot.






On the very back page I made a snowman peeking out of an envelope window. This was the first fat journal I made. Little did I know they would get a little fatter as I went along.





Now I add dimensional ribbons, jewels, cords, special effect glues and glitters and sometimes I add a charm to the top corner of a journal if I have one that would go with the theme.



No comments:

Post a Comment