Saturday, October 14, 2023

The Beauty of Architecture

 I've always loved the drawings of buildings and diagrams to make all kinds of stuff. 




Schematics are fascinating I think. So I was very much attracted to these blueprints and technical drawings when I first laid eyes on them.



I used to dream of houses and buildings when I was a kid. And more than once I would get lost so you really need a good visual map of a building sometimes.



But really, these drawings are so beautiful, it made me want to build a house. Maybe even a miniature one.



I used 3 or 4 different kit pieces from The Graphics Fairy. There are two or three just for architecture with really pretty drawings in them.



I didn't want to get into a lot of decorating with this one but just give a hint here and there of textures and patterns through windows.




Same thing with buildings like gazebos and gardens. Just a hint of what was possible besides the grand buildings. Something to go with them.




I enjoyed working on this one. I've always liked the design and drawing part of making anything. 







I mixed and matched several styles together to get a more interesting book. These are places I want to go see!





This beautiful drawing had nothing to do with architecture really but I thought it was so pretty and went so well with all the other drawings that I had to put it in.





I started getting into the wallpaper patterns and went from architecture to fashion and furnishings. My next journal has plenty of style, even if it's old fashioned and from another era.




No comments:

Post a Comment