Friday, October 6, 2023

Tea Time Journal

I got these graphics from thegraphicsfairy.com . I thought they were absolutely beautiful and I love the color combo of blue and yellow.



I recently renewed my graphics fairy subscription and I can't stop making these journals. 




I also used papers from other kits to pull everything together. I'm not sure what posies are so I used some big yellow roses too. 




I hand dyed the ribbon with Vintaj patina paints because they mix with water and I don't do metal work any more so I'm glad I found a way to use them. I just wet the ribbon and use a few drops of one or two colors and schmoosh it all up until I like it. Then let it dry.




The big project I'm working on is my family tree. It has five main branches and is going to take a lot of work. I'm making it out of a composition book that I've altered. I had to pull a lot of pages out of it to make room for all the prints and papers.




But back to this one... I used Anna Griffin die cuts and lightly sanded the paper to the white core. I also used corner die cuts on some of the pictures.




I try to make different sized pull outs and pockets to coordinate. I like the size of the envelope flip flop journals because you can do so much with them. 




I didn't use the see through windows on this one, I just covered them up. I did print some of the cups and china onto gloss paper and cut out a gold shadow layer.




I used little touches of gold on this one too. It just makes the graphics pop. The next one is about architecture. I love windows, blueprints, garden designs and drawings of houses and buildings. 





I've always been interested in how things get put together.







No comments:

Post a Comment