Sunday, October 1, 2023

Mermaids and the End of Summer

Well I've been working hard on these flip flop recycled junk mail journals. I don't really journal but I love to make them.




I cut this graphic into two pieces from prints and overlapped them. I printed them in reverse for the other sides of the pages.




I loved the graphics I got for these from thegraphicsfairy.com I printed out the sea creatures and cut out some pockets and tags to match.




It has an aqua tie ribbon that I hand dyed and I used glossy accents to make the fish look slimey.





I started out with about six envelopes from my junk mail and put them together with the flaps glued to the next in flip flop fashion.





I didn't use any special effect stamp pads but I did sew around the edges on this one. And I sewed around the edges on the cards too.




It has four signatures for writing into or gluing in pictures.







It's very pretty and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I have more to make. I'm obsessed with these but don't know how long it will last. Christmas is coming sooner than you think so maybe something along those lines soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment