Sunday, October 29, 2023

High Fashion With Paper

 I have been so inspired by the little origami dresses that I've been seeing everywhere. Some are plain, some are fancy and some are almost couture. 




Of course I had to take it a smidge farther so I designed little pop out closets in my flip flop journal style book because I love the envelope sized cards and journals. And a closet seemed to me to be a perfect fit for them and to showcase my origami dresses.

.



I went through quite a lot of paper getting this right but I knew what I wanted.  I wanted doors that opened and drawers that didn't. You could put a long dress in there with enough room to store it. The sides of the dressers are folded so that they lay flat when closed but pop up when the book opens.




I could have made this free standing just by putting a back on it and making the sides wider but like I said, I'm in slimline journal mode. Envelopes are free when you recycle junk mail.




This is the paper set from The Graphics Fairy that dropped October 23rd called Modern Fancy Ephemera. I used mostly printable papers from thegraphicsfairy.com to make my pages and covered both sides of the pages with them. I also tried to use up some more of my scrapbooking paper stash. I haven't bought scrapbooking paper since I got my ink tank printer. I just print what I want and no waste or leftovers now.




I also used the papers to make the dresses. You can get as fancy as you want with these. I knew I wanted a wedding dress in there somewhere.




The beauty of the pop up closets is that they keep the dresses from getting squished and the dresses are wide enough to fit in the sides where they can be held so they don't slip down.




I loved designing and making these cute little hangers. I cut my little hangers out of heavy card stock and they fit snug into the dress bodices so you don't need glue on anything but you could glue them on if you want.




I made these dresses in three sized. The smallest ones are paper clips on the backs. I made them 2", 3" and the larger dresses are 5" squares except for the wedding dress. It's 5" x 8" and then the length is adjusted not to hang down below the dresser. 


 



You could play with these forever with different tops, skirts, fabrics, gems, glitter, lace, etc. if you wanted to. I could add paper signatures to this and easily make it a fashion journal. I'm certainly not done playing with them yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment