Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Halloween and Half Composition Books

 I decided to try my hand at cutting a composition book in half and making a graphic book out of it. So I cut  this one in half with my xacto knife and pulled out my scrapbooking paper and got started.





First I tore out all but about 20 pages, maybe less to make room for covering the pages with heavier paper on both sides. 



I knew I was going to add tags and layers of cutouts so I gave them a lot of room.



I'm trying to use up my leftover scrap pages while I incorporate some print files I had. I didn't want a traditional Halloween, gorey or ugly book so I opted for Halloween fairies...



... and I really like them. I used a gazillion papers and pumpkins I got from thegraphicsfairy.com . It's my favorite go to place for royalty free graphics.



I really like making the fasteners for this one. I don't know what they are called but they are super easy to make and they do hold a book together.



I just love the blue pumpkins and the witchy fairies.




Not scary at all. This one turned out cute. I used glitter on the hand drawn spider webs.





To me, the scariest thing I can think of is "spiders". I really, really don't like them. 




All it takes to make the fairies are butterfly wings and old pictures of kids. I really like the way they turned out. 




This one's a keeper!





No comments:

Post a Comment