Saturday, April 25, 2020

Teddy Bears on Swings

I've been wanting to make these for a while but didn't have the right colors of string to make them the way I wanted to. So I made the first ones tan and pink instead of brown and red. I had so much trouble finding red crochet cotton #10 around here and they were all out online too. What's up with that? Does everyone sit at home and crochet red things all at the same time??? So I made the first set with the colors I had.





I eventually did find a darker red at Walmart so I just got that but I wanted a lighter, brighter red so I got some embroidery thread to use for the swings. The good thing about using embroidery thread is that you can take off one or two ply of it to make it the thickness you need to match the crochet cotton. I've got to have the right shade when I want to make something. That explains the zillion balls of thread I've collected. LOL

So the first thing you do with this pattern is make the bears. It's about one bear for every inch and a half that you want to make of trim. Then you just crochet the swings around them and add the seats to finish them off.

I love these little guys! You really need to stiffen them with stiffener or white glue to make them lay flat and you can slide them around a little on the swings to position them better than I did. They look great anchored to a baby blanket instead of dangling where they would get all twisted up though. You could use a strip of them close to the edge of a towel just for baby and they would be adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment