Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Crocheted Enhancements

You might have noticed a little crochet in the edges of the rooftops of my current journals I'm working on. Well that got me off into crochet land for a while and I've been making all kinds of stuff out of string.




I ran across the cutest little edgings that I can use for my pages but the instructions were not written well and I had to try to follow along from a video. There are several of these videos out there and these little elephants are all done a little different, depending on how you interpret the instructions. But even those are translated really, really bad - I couldn't make heads or tails out of them. Doesn't anyone know how to read and write clear and concise crochet language any more?

I love to crochet little edgings onto paper pages and I can think of a few different ways to put these into a journal, can't you? I crocheted these on the edge of a printed bag but you could also use cards or fabric. I punched my holes about a quarter of an inch apart with a small hole punch. You can also just poke holes for the foundation stitches. Wouldn't a picot stitch be cute on the edge of a page? I can use all my skills and supplies on journal making.

The best I could figure them out and adjust the pattern to my own liking is how I do them. Since people don't want to write out tutorials any more (everybody wants to be a YouTube star), I finally figured them out and took the time to write out a pattern for my version in case anyone else wants to make them and can't quite figure them out.

I'm pretty certain a person new to crochet or even if you're not new you probably want a good readable pattern. So I made a few elephants a couple of different ways and wrote down the one I liked the best. I have to turn everything into a graphic to upload it here. A .pdf is just a graphic too. This one is a .jpg and blogger compresses it but you can still read it. Just click to enlarge it first, right click and save it then print it off. Here it is. Enjoy!




BIRDS IN THE FUTURE

I've also been crocheting little parakeets out of the same string. Ok so I'm on the internet a lot looking for ideas I can use in my projects and when I run across something I really, really like, I want to make it.

The parakeet pattern I got was less than what I really wanted so I wrote my own. I didn't like the feet, so I made my own. I didn't like the wings, so I made my own pattern. I didn't like the shape of the body so I wrote my own version. I'm still working on making a polymer beak and nose but I have to make some molds when I get them shaped just right. Until then I will be sewing them on.

I will show them soon. They are adorable! I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my books. I love the little birds too.




No comments:

Post a Comment