Sunday, September 3, 2023

Forest Gnomes Journal

It's done! The first one always takes the longest because that's where you iron out all the details. I have an extensive library that I've accumulated over the years from thegraphicsfairy.com. I've been wanting to make a forest gnome journal for a while.




I get so much junk mail. So I decided to do something with it and this was so easy, I love making these. I've done three already and I'm on my fourth one. 





The Graphics Fairy and ink tank printers are a match made in heaven. I print out a lot of graphics and still only refill my tanks about every 18 months. And the bottles of ink are just as affordable as what I was paying for the cartridges. No more throw away ink because I ran out of one color. You get so much more ink for the money.





I basically use four kinds of paper. A standard printer paper and a card stock, standard matte photo paper and card stock photo paper. I also have printed on transparencies and file folders.





I sew around the cards and folders and use alcohol inks to color my ribbons.





There are several ways to make pockets for these. You can use the envelopes themselves as pockets or add them on separately. This one has five signatures that are sewn into the folds of the envelopes and each signature has four or five decorative and blank pages in them.





You can make them as thick as you want but I like to use five to seven envelopes in mine. That makes them quick and easy to decorate and get the journal done in a reasonable amount of time. 





I have so many ideas for these. My graphics library is endless and thegraphicsfairy.com comes out with another themed set of graphics every Monday. 





It's going to be so hot here in the next week and then hopefully the 90 degree days will be over this year but until then, I picked a winter theme for my next journal. I'm going to make some beautiful snow paper that my grandma used to make for her Christmas cards.


 





No comments:

Post a Comment